Nearly 200 garment workers have been admitted to hospital in Hatton following food poisoning.
The Police said the garment workers were admitted to the Dickoya Hospital.
The garment factory workers are employed at a private factory in the area.
The Police said the workers suddenly fell ill this morning and were rushed to hospital.
Initial investigations revealed that the food supplied by the factory this morning had resulted in the employees falling sick.
Investigations are underway. (Colombo Gazette)