Aegis wins two-year call centre contract from Hutch

Hutch-Logo-EPS-1024x444Aegis, the business process management (BPM) arm of the diversified Essar Group, has won a contract from Hutch Sri Lanka to provide call centre services to the telecom major across the island nation. However, the financial terms of the two-year contract were not disclosed.

The Indian company will provide Customer Lifecycle Management (CLM) services to the mobile services company, including multi-lingual back office services in English, Tamil and Sinhalese. Following the deal, about 65 people would be transferred to Aegis, taking the Indian company’s total workforce to 400 in Colombo.

“This partnership promotes our strategy of expanding presence across emerging markets, greatly extends our scale, and bolsters our telecom BPM services portfolio. We also see significant potential to grow our business with Hutch Sri Lanka across new high growth areas such as analytics, digital and multi-channel customer engagement,” Aegis Global CEO Sandip Sen was quoted in a statement.

Aegis is carving out Hutch’s back office operations in Colombo, which includes customer management operations from Hutch facilities in Sri Lanka to Aegis’ customer experience centre in Colombo.

The Indian firm has been managing documentation, automation and digitising services of Hutch Sri Lanka’s new subscriber applications for over two years.

“Hutch’s strategic association with Aegis would further enhance value to our growing 3G customer base, and this new development of our customer care centre will further enhance our customer service level,” said Hutch Sri Lanka Chief Executive Officer Thirukumar Nadarasa.

Aegis had forayed into Sri Lanka in 2009 with acquisition of 80 per cent of shares in Ismart-Timex Pvt Ltd, a BPO services provider. The remaining 20 per cent is held by Times Garments.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here