WSO2 today announced that 16 guest speakers will present at WSO2Con 2013, WSO2’s third user conference. The presenters include customers, researchers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers. Collectively, they will explore best practices in API management, service-oriented architecture (SOA), cloud computing, mobile, data and analytics, application development, enterprise integration and governance, along with IT strategies for improving productivity and competing in a global economy. They also will represent a broad cross section of markets, including financial services, government, retail, telecommunications, information technology, universities, and research institutions.
WSO2Con 2013 will be held February 12-14, 2013 at the Park Plaza, Victoria in London, and it will be joined by a live stream event from the Cinnamon Lakeside in Colombo, Sri Lanka. In addition to the guest presentations, the three-day event also features more than 20 technical presentations, panels and tutorials aimed at addressing IT professionals’ top enterprise application and integration priorities. For more information, visit http://wso2con.com.
Guest Speakers Address Top Enterprise Priorities
Guest speakers at WSO2Con 2013 represent some of the world’s innovators in the development and implementation of SOA, Web services, open source, big data, cloud, mobile and other software technologies. These experts will share their insights in presentations across a number of the conference’s keynote, technology and industry tracks. Details of the full agenda are available at http://wso2con.com/agenda.
• Democratizing Innovation in Computing, Eben Upton, Founder and Trustee, Raspberry Pi Foundation
• How Open Source Can Still Save The World, Brian Behlendorf, Senior Advisor for Science and Technology, World Economic Forum
• Network-embedded Application and Cloud Platforms: Emerging Foundations of Next-Generation Business Systems, Pankaj Srivastava, Vice President Engineering, Cisco Systems
• Cloud Computing Powered by Platform as a Service, Yefim Natis, Vice President and Distinguished Analyst, Gartner, Inc.
• API and Service Orientation @StubHub, Phiroze Dastoor, Senior Applications Architect, StubHub
• Strategic Insurance Integration Platform at Suva, Igor Berchtold, Senior IT Architect, Suva
• The Spanish Language API Platform, Elena Álvarez, Head of the Morphology and Syntax Department, Molino de Ideas
• Case Study: SOAS University of London Student Enrolment Portal on WSO2, Charles Gibbons, Technical Design Authority, JISC Advance
• How WSO2 Helped the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment Save Euro 500K and Deliver SOA Solutions Faster, Stephen Oostenbrink, Enterprise Architect, Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment, and Thijs Volders, Senior Software Architect, Yenlo BV
• WSO2 as a Cryptographic Services Platform, Roger Carhuatocto, IT Consultant, Konosys
• SOA That Works, Alberto Lagna, CTO, Biznology
• An SOA-based eGovernment Solution in Sri Lanka, Mifan Careem, CTO, Respere
• Banking on the WSO2 Platform to Build a SOA Strategy, Diogenes Justo, IT Manager, Banco Indusval & Partners
• Building Self-managing System Using WSO2 BAM and WSO2 CEP, Prajod Vettiyattil, Lead Architect, Wipro Technologies
• A Discussion on the Modern Enterprise IT Management, Richie Etwaru, Director, Group Technology, UBS
• High Performance Cloud Integration Platform, Dipanjan, Sengupta, Principal Architect, Cognizant Technology Solutions
Complementing the guest presentations will be a series of sessions and in-depth tutorials delivered by leading technical experts at WSO2, who have contributed to many of today’s SOA, XML and open source standards. WSO2 Founder and CEO Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana and WSO2 Co-founder and CTO Paul Fremantle will present the opening and closing keynotes respectively. Additionally, WSO2 architects and developers will deliver sessions and tutorials on enabling technologies and best practices for implementing SOAs, mobile solutions, cloud deployments, API management, security, mediation, business processes, and more.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.