The police arrested three more suspects over the Tangalle mid-sea attack on a group of fishermen, the police media unit said today.
According to the police one suspect who was arrested had been on the boat while the other two had given instructions to carry out the attack.
Earlier this week the police had arrested the boat owner. The police said that 10 people were on the boat used to board a multi-day trawler and attack 5 fishermen on Sunday.
Following the attack 3 fishermen were thrown overboard and their bodies have not yet been recovered.
Two others who had managed to escape are now receiving treatment in hospital.