Two teenage girls in Deniyaya have been hospitalized after consuming pesticide, the police media unit said today.
The police said that the two 16 year old girls are students of Rajapaksa Vidyalaya in Deniyaya.
A police complaint was lodged last afternoon saying the two girls were found on the floor after they had vomited.
The police admitted the two girls to hospital and it was found that both of them had consumed pesticide.
However the police have not yet identified the motive for the two young girls to consume pesticide.
Investigations are underway.