All those who fell sick are employees attached to the factory and they were admitted to the Dankotuwa hospital after suffering from breathing difficulties.
According to the police media unit the gas leak had occurred at a salmon factory in Koswatte, Dankotuwa but the cause of the leak was still now known.
The police said that five of those who suffered breathing difficulties as a result of the gas leak were transferred to the Negombo hospital for further treatment.
The Koswatte police are conducting further investigations. (Colombo Gazette)