The gazette notification proclaiming the relevant duties and functions of the new Ministries has been published.
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa issued the relevant gazette (Extraordinary) yesterday (10), the Government said today.
The number of Ministers and Ministries, duties, functions, departments, public corporations and statutory bodies under the relevant Ministers have been gazetted in accordance with Article 43/1 and Article 46/1 of the Constitution.
Accordingly, the duties, functions, and institutions belonging to 29 ministries have been gazetted.
As per the gazette, the following state institutions will operate under the purview of the Ministry of Defence.
01. Office of the Chief of Defence Staff
02. Sri Lanka Army
03. Sri Lanka Navy
04. Sri Lanka Air Force
05. Sri Lanka Police
06. Department of Civil Security
07. State Intelligence Service
08. Ranaviru Seva Authority
09. Sir John Kotelawala Defence University
10. Defence Services Command and Staff College
11. Defence Services School
12. National Cadet Corps
13. National Defence Fund
14. Defence Research and Development Centre
15. Sri Lanka Institute of National Defence Studies
16. Coast Guard Department of Sri Lanka
17. Lanka Logistics Limited
18. Rakna Arakshana Lanka Ltd.
19. National Dangerous Drugs Control Board
20. Department of Immigration and Emigration
21. Department of Registration of Persons
22. National Media Centre,
23. Secretariat for Non-Governmental Organizations
24. Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka
25. Information and Communication Technology Agency of Sri Lanka
26. Sri Lanka Computer Emergency Readiness Team
27. National Disaster Management Council
28. Disaster Management Centre
29. National Disaster Relief Services Centre
30. Department of Meteorology
31. National Building Research Organization