An interim cabinet of the new Government was appointed by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa today.
The new Ministers were given multiple posts in the interim cabinet.
Following are the Ministers and their portfolios:
1. Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa – Minister of Finance, Economic Affairs, Policy Development, Buddha Sasana, Cultural, Water Supply & Urban Development, Housing Facilities
2. Nimal Siripala de Silva – Minister of Justice, Human Rights & Legal Reforms
3. Arumugam Thondaman – Minister of Community Empowerment & Estate Infrastructure
4. Dinesh Gunawardene – Minister of Foreign Relations, Skills Development, Employment & Labour Relations
5. Douglas Devananda – Minister of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources
6. Pavithra Wanniarachchi – Minister of Women & Child Affairs, Social Security, Health & Indigenous Medicine
7. Bandula Gunawardene – Minister of Information & Communications Technology, Higher Education, Technology & Innovations
8. Janaka Bandara Tennakoon – Minister of Public Administration, Home Affairs, Provincial Councils & Local Government
9. Chamal Rajapaksa – Minister of Mahaweli Development, Agriculture &Trade
10. Dullas Alahapperuma – Minister of Education, Sports and Youth Affairs
11. Johnston Fernando – Minister of Roads & Highways, Ports & Shipping
12. Wimal Weerawansa – Minister of Small Medium Enterprise(SME) & Enterprise Development, Industries & Supply Management
13. Mahinda Amaraweera – Minister of Passenger Transport, Power & Energy
14. S.M. Chandrasena – Minister of Environment, Wildlife, Land & Land Development
15. Ramesh Pathirana – Minister of Plantations & Export Agriculture
16. Prasanna Ranatunga – Minister of Industrial Exports & Investment Promotions, Tourism & Aviation
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa said that the interim cabinet will be in place till the next Parliamentary election.