May 17, 2012
With its main operations arm in Sri Lanka, WSO2 delivers the industry’s most comprehensive middleware platforms enabling Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and integrated application development.
WSO2’s middleware includes its award-winning, 100% open source WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware platform, WSO2 Stratos cloud middleware platform, and the WSO2 StratosLive platform-as-a-service (PaaS). Built on the same componentized architecture, WSO2 give enterprises unmatched flexibility to migrate their applications on-premise, or to the cloud.
“We are increasingly seeing global and local enterprises making WSO2 their choice for strategic enterprise middleware.” said Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO at a press conference. “I am excited that enterprises are taking advantage of our high performance and flexible deployments and that we are able to meet the requirements while delivering unmatched value to companies like eBay, AAA, British Airways and more, from right here in Sri Lanka”.
Among the many global companies signed up over the last few years, the new businesses signed up in Sri Lanka include -
● Brandix – Introduced SOA principles eliminating the challenges of managing various heterogeneous systems.
● Dialog Axiata – Introduced the WSO2 Platform as an integration platform and a Master Data Management (MDM) solution to connect legacy systems.
● ICTA - eLocal Government Project enabling citizen friendly delivery of services and increasing efficiency and effectiveness of governance.
● John Keells Holdings PLC – Integration of SAP ERP with POS system and online store, resulting in reduced operating costs and enhanced customer experience.
● ODEL - Mobile point of sale solution, that help deliver innovative services along with enhancing the current ERP system capabilities to handle the customer loyalty program.
Prior to the press conference, WSO2 conducted a workshop on how customers are solving traditional IT challenges by combining WSO2 products, enabling project self-service, fostering partnerships, and delivering business-focused solutions.
“The response we received to the workshop personifies the need for IT professionals wanting to reduce time and effort required to craft a comprehensive solution. Enterprise architects and developers aim to build secure, reliable, and high-performance solutions and we were able to showcase the WSO2 middleware platforms’ capabilities, to deliver solutions that meet real-world needs of enterprises today,” said Paul Fremantle, WSO2 Co Founder and CTO, who presented the workshop along with Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.