Special probe on museum robbery

A special investigation has been launched into the robbery at the National museum in Colombo on Friday night, National Heritage Minister Jagath Balasuriya said.

The Minister said that the robbery was well planned out and even the security system had been disconnected before several valuable items were stolen.

Among the items stolen were ancient swords, coins and gold coins but the exact value of the items stolen is still not known, the Minister said.

The robbers had made their way to the third floor of the museum to commit the crime and Minister Jagath Balasuriya is of the opinion that there is a larger network involved in the theft.

Minister Jagath Balasuriya also said that the museum was closed over the weekend to conduct investigations into the incident.


Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0Share on Google+0Share on TumblrEmail this to someoneDigg thisShare on StumbleUpon0Flattr the authorShare on Reddit0Pin on Pinterest0Buffer this page

Comment

Your email address will not be published.